Now there were dwelling in Jerusalem Jews, devout men from every nation under heaven. (Acts 2:5)
On the day of Pentecost, there were people from every nation in one city. In a reversal of the Tower of Babel, these people heard the gospel in their own tongue. The Holy Spirit was poured out, and Peter preached the gospel. Those who believed were baptized, and 3000 souls were added that day. This historic day was no accident. God had said in the Old Testament, "I will pour out my Spirit on all flesh."
God has a heart for the nations, wherever they are. Thanks to the new global culture of travel and technology, the nations of the world are gathered in the cities of the world. That is true of Orlando. Today, let's pray for the world at our doorstep.
- Thank God for the nations already represented at Lake Baldwin Church: Venezuela, Cuba, Sweden, Russia,India, Ukraine, and others.
- Pray for Karolina Faryga, member of a family from Ukraine that recently joined LBC. A growth has been discovered on her thyroid, and doctors fear it could be cancer. Pray that the tests will return negative. Pray for comfort for the family in the meantime.
- Thank God for our Global Missions Team, which has the vision for sending to the nations, but also for reaching the nations in Orlando.
- Think of the people from other nations in your neighborhood. For example, in our neighborhood we've met a family from Pakistan. Pray for God to be at work, and pray that our church will become a place of hospitality for those from other nations
- One organization each year looks for churches to provide host families for young people visiting from Japan. Pray that God will use this ministry, and even our church, to make a difference in this way.
- Pray for international students at nearby campuses, such as Full Sail, UCF, Rollins, and Valencia. Pray that God will raise up a ministry to these students, and that many will discover Christ will studying in the USA.
- Pray for the global heartbeat of Lake Baldwin Church. Ask God to continue to give us his heart for the nations.
- May the gospel so stir our hearts that we would sing with the hymn: "Let every kindred every tribe on this terrestrial ball, to him all majesty ascribe and crown him Lord of all."