"For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, everyone whom the Lord our God calls to himself."
Today's Prayer Focus:
- For seeds of the gospel to come alive in the hearts of children in SPLASH.
- For children in SPLASH to feel loved, have fun, and ask questions.
- For volunteers in SPLASH to be energized; for a full team of volunteers.
- For families in our church to be encouraged.
- For families who attended Kids Camp; that they will be sparked to come to our church.
- For Michelle Crouse and her family as she leads our SPLASH ministry.
"The Promise for the Children"
Isn’t it amazing that our children are included in the covenant promises that God makes to his people? Throughout Scripture, in both Old and New Testaments, we see how God has a concern for both parents and children. Jesus famously said, “Let the children come to me” (Matthew 19:14).
Our SPLASH effort is an expression of this vision, of God’s heart for children. Today we can give thanks to God for the many people in Lake Baldwin Church who work alongside Michelle Crouse to sow seeds of the gospel in the hearts of children. The beautiful story of Jesus is shared with children in an environment of security, fun, relationships, and love.
Imagine what it will be like, years from now, when children look back on their experience in SPLASH! Memories are being made that will last a lifetime. Your prayers today are a part of watering the seeds of the gospel that will bear fruit in the coming years.
Mike Tilley is the senior pastor of Lake Baldwin Church, and has lived in Orlando since 1994. He and his wife, Molly, worked with a core group from the Baldwin Park community to plant Lake Baldwin Church in 2006. Mike loves teaching the Bible in a way that relates to real life. In his spare time, Mike enjoys good movies, long dinner with friends, snow skiing, hanging out with his kids and two granddaughters, and travel.