2 Timothy 2:1
"You then, my child, be strengthened by the grace that is in Christ Jesus."
1 Thessalonians 5:25
"Brothers and sisters, pray for us."
Today's Prayer Focus
- For the staff who serve the congregation of Lake Baldwin Church.
- For Joel and Katie Pollard, and their children, Sam and Evie. For Joel as he plans and leads worship; for Katie as our administrator and communications director.
- For Fritz and Barbie Schalmo, and their son, Jack. For Fritz as he leads LBC youth and offers free counseling. Pray too for Lindsay Buono and Scott as they assist with youth.
- For Michelle Crouse, along with Joshua and their children, Daniel and Tiffany. For Michelle as she leads the volunteers, teachers, and children in SPLASH Kids.
- For Mike and Molly Tilley and their 4 adult children.
"Prayer for Strengthening Grace for LBC Staff"
While grace often refers to our full acceptance with God on the basis of the work of Christ, it is also associated with strength. All of us are in need of daily grace from God, strengthening us to obey him and to serve him. Paul urged Timothy to be strong in the grace of Christ.
Having prayed for our deacons, elders, small group leaders, and our many volunteers, today we want to unite to pray for our LBC staff. While they work hard throughout the week, they especially need God’s grace on Sundays, when they come prepared to serve our congregation and our guests.
I’m so thankful that God has blessed us with an inspired, hard-working team. While the work is often challenging, we know that we are dependent on the grace that is in Christ Jesus, and there is great joy and rest in that. Our heart is for people to enter into worship; for kids to have fun with friends as they learn about Jesus; for youth to take the next step in their faith journey; and for the grace of Christ to be shown in all that we do. We need your prayers for that!
Mike Tilley is the senior pastor of Lake Baldwin Church, and has lived in Orlando since 1994. He and his wife, Molly, worked with a core group from the Baldwin Park community to plant Lake Baldwin Church in 2006. Mike loves teaching the Bible in a way that relates to real life. In his spare time, Mike enjoys good movies, long dinner with friends, snow skiing, hanging out with his kids and two granddaughters, and travel.