"But when the set time had fully come, God sent his Son, born of a woman, born under the law, to redeem those under the law, that we might receive adoption to sonship."
Today's Prayer Focus
- Operation Christmas Child, our partnership with Samaritan’s Purse to offer gift boxes to needy children around the world.
- Advent season, beginning November 29. Pray for our worship team as they prepare services. For the Advent series, Journey to Bethlehem.
- Our Christmas Eve service of lessons and carols, on December 24.
- Outreach into the community for Advent services and Christmas Eve.
- A generous response to the our partnership with Glenridge Middle School, by providing Publix gift cards for needy families.
One of the highlights of the year is our annual celebration of Advent and Christmas as a church. It’s not too early to pray! Our first step is always congregational participation in Operation Christmas Child, when we begin purchasing supplies at those back-to-school sales.
During Advent, we long for the coming of Christ, the light of the world. Galatians 4:4 reminds us , that he came when “the set time had fully come.” The prophets longed for the coming of the Prince of Peace, and God sent him at the perfect time. Christ was born under the law, and he perfectly fulfilled God’s law for us. The newborn babe became our redeemer.
We love the stories of Advent, because in them we hear the music of the gospel. We see the light of the world dispelling our darkness. This year, we’ll discover the stories of those who took the “journey to Bethlehem” and see ourselves in their stories. (Special thanks to SPLASH Kids for that title!) Speaking of SPLASH Kids, pray that all of our children would find great joy in this year’s Operation Christmas Child, and in the King who was born at the perfect time.
Mike Tilley is the senior pastor of Lake Baldwin Church, and has lived in Orlando since 1994. He and his wife, Molly, worked with a core group from the Baldwin Park community to plant Lake Baldwin Church in 2006. Mike loves teaching the Bible in a way that relates to real life. In his spare time, Mike enjoys good movies, long dinner with friends, snow skiing, hanging out with his kids and two granddaughters, and travel.