Ask of me, and I will make the nations your heritage, the ends of the earth your possession. (Psalm 2:8)
This verse is a promise that God the Father is making to God the Son. The reign of Christ will extend to the nations. After his resurrection, Jesus said, All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. (Matthew 28:18).
"There is not one square inch in the whole domain of our human existence over which Christ, who is Sovereign over all, does not cry, Mine!" (Abraham Kuyper, Dutch theologian and Prime Minister from 1901-1905)
Let's pray for the extension of Christ's reign in the world, and for the part that Lake Baldwin Church plays in the larger story of God's work among the nations.
- Pray about the crises in the world that reveal the gripping need for the gospel: the war between Israel and Hamas; the struggle in Ukraine; the outbreak of the Ebola virus in West Africa.
- Praise God for the fruitful work of missionaries supported by LBC in recent years: Justin and Gayle Gallo (church plant in Salerno), Ross and Lindsay Stowers (Italy), Soon and Erin Pak (returned from 2 years in East Asia).
- Pray for our Global Missions Team, charting the course for future mission trips and global church planting: Ravi Jain, TJ Sellers, Bart Johnson, Christina Nesbitt, and future team members. Pray specifically for wisdom in the selection of an overseas church planting partnership.
- Pray for LBC members engaged in global ministry work: David and Joan Walker, Don Dearing, Doug and Denise Anderson, Elizabeth Pennock, Debbie Iannetti, Matt and Katie Watts, Mike and Molly Tilley.
- Praise God for the reign of Christ, and pray for the coming of his kingdom (Matthew 6:10).