For God is not so unjust as to overlook your work and the love that you showed for his sake in serving the saints, as you still do. (Hebrews 6:10)
The heart to serve is a well-established part of Christianity, patterned after Jesus Christ himself, who took the servant's towel and washed the feet of his disciples. Serving does involve a kind of sacrifice, and we can be grateful for the love that inspires service. And God knows that our deeds of service, though not always noticed, are never forgotten by him.
At Lake Baldwin Church, we know that "some things must be so that other things can be." So we thank God for the many volunteers who make possible the display of the gospel of Christ through the work of the church.
- Pray for Ernie Traynham, and for the teams involved in set-up/tear-down of the worship area.
- Pray for Anna Sellers and Kelley Jain, new leaders of the Café team. Pray for the many volunteers who are part of that team. Thank God for the work of David and Janell Ray over the years.
- Pray for Scott Crocker, and the volunteers who work on his team to set up the SPLASH area.
- Pray for Drew Hallberg, and the many greeters who serve on the greeting team.
- Pray for Mollie Turbeville, and for those who work with her to set up Guest Services and stage.
- Pray for John Hill and Christian Gomez, who have been learning our new sound system.
- Pray for the musicians and vocalists who work to lead our music; pray for Tim and Angela Inman as they help coordinate that team.
- Pray for Michelle Crouse, and for the many SPLASH volunteers who serve in the nursery, check-in, teaching, and class helpers. Pray for the team that works monthly with our children's worship, High Tide.
- Pray for Fritz Schalmo, and for the adult volunteers who serve our youth. Pray for Scott and Lindsay Buono, and the others who help.
- Pray that God would grow the number of available volunteers, to fill gaps and to offer relief for those who have served for a lengthy period of time.
- Thank God for his provision of new volunteers over the past year, as new members have locked arms with us.