Congratulations to Fritz and Barbie Schalmo on the birth of Jack Schalmo. The little guy came into the world 20 inches long, weighing just over 8 pounds. Mom and baby are doing well, and dad is proud as can be (as you can see in the picture, above).
Read on to hear about recent milestones, sign-up for Sunday morning class, and ways that God is using your investment to make a difference in the city.
Quote of the week: “Health = high expectations and the grace to reach them. Expectations without grace breed anger; grace without expectations = couch potato.” (Henry Cloud)
Worship This Sunday at 10:45
• The plot thickens in Exodus as Moses feels inadequate for the challenge. He’ll need a God who is all-sufficient. Same is true of us! Check out Exodus 3:11-22.
• We’ll hear the vision for the new Sunday morning class, as we interview Richard Hostetter.
• Be praying for worship, SPLASH, and for Sunday evening youth group.
Milestones to Celebrate!
• The second annual “Hospitality Event” is happening tonight. Turnout is strong at the homes of elders and wives.
• A great crop of small group leaders have participated in our annual small group leaders’ huddle. Look for them on-stage Oct 12 on “small groups Sunday.”
• Officer Training is being launched for several cohorts of those nominated for the offices of elder and deacon. The leadership development initiative will last through April.
• This year’s Operation Christmas Child has been launched! Check out the OCC table and tree at the entrance to the worship area. This effort helps needy children around the world.
• Our elders and deacons have crafted a Care Plan for the church, to be communicated tonight at the Shepherding Group dinners.
How You’re Making a Difference by Investing in LBC
• We have a new and exciting opportunity in front of us through the work of Dan Whaite and Matt Brubaker. They’re launching our digital outreach initiative, which is a new way to reach people living in communities around our church who have never heard of us. We’ll deliver messaging (through ads) all through their online experience about our church, our programs, our sermons, and upcoming events -- to attract them to our church and hear our message of hope. We have an audience target of 65,000 in Baldwin Park and surrounding zip codes, who will receive approximately 4 ads per week for 8 weeks. Your giving makes this possible. Please pray for the success of the campaign!
• We are also reaching Orlando through church planting. LBC is a charter member of the Florida Church Planting Network. We are committed to giving 3% of our budget ($15,000) annually to church planting.
• Our flagship weekend worship service is designed to feed believers and also to communicate the gospel to those exploring the faith. We have just offered our worship leader position to Joel Pollard. He and his wife, Katie, will be joining us in early November. Your giving makes it possible for us to hire for vital staff positions.
• Thank you for your faithful investment in the spread of the gospel through Lake Baldwin Church. You can update your giving securely with the “give online” link at: http://www.lakebaldwinchurch.com.
Register for the Class!
• “Not By Bread Alone” begins Sunday, Oct 5, 9:30-10:30 am at Glenridge Middle School.
• Register here: http://www.lakebaldwinchurch.com/survey
• Have kids? Available to help with child care rotation? Contact Amy Heidmann: email@example.com.