It was one year ago that we rolled out our new Shepherding Plan, and we’re grateful for our elders and the care that they extend to their shepherding groups. This Friday, our elders and their wives will be hosting hospitality dinners in their homes. Everyone is invited! If you are not yet a member of LBC, you are invited to the home of Mike and Molly Tilley. Please RSVP to: Mike.Tilley@lakebaldwinchurch.com. Pictured above are two of our elders, Bart Johnson and Richard Hostetter. Pray for Bart, who just had surgery on his achilles tendon. Richard will be leading the new class, “Not By Bread Alone,” beginning Sept 5, 9:30-10:30, at Glenridge Middle School.
See below for important announcements, financial report, and calendar dates.
Worship Leader Position Offered to Joel Pollard
• After much prayer and assessment, we are happy to announce that we have offered the position of worship leader to Joel Pollard.
• Joel and his wife, Katie, expect to move to Orlando in early November.
• We can thank God for his provision! And, we are grateful for all who helped with the process. Special thanks to Bill and Kathy Seyfried for hosting Joel and Katie during their visits.
Worship This Sunday at 10:45
• Next up: the famous story of the burning bush, from Exodus 3:1-10.
• Michelle Crouse will introduce exciting plans for Operation Christmas Child.
• Take some time to pray for Sunday worship, SPLASH, and youth group.
Financial Report as of August 31
• August contributions: $25,064. Expenses: $32,560. Difference: (-$7406)
• Jan-Aug contributions: $368,014. Expenses: $360,675. Difference: +$7339
• Thank you! Your giving is making a difference at Lake Baldwin Church!
• Like many churches, August contributions were below budget, perhaps reflecting a “summer slump.” If you’d like to update your giving, you can give a secure on-line gift at www.lakebaldwinchurch.com.
• Let’s thank God for his continued provision, and pray for sufficient growth in giving to enable us to restore key budget items and to fund our new worship hire.
Events for Your Calendar
• LBC office workday, Saturday, Sept 20, 9 am, at the LBC office, 1300 Lake Baldwin Lane, Orlando 32814. Contact Bill Rigsby to join the team: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Monthly Church-Wide Prayer Gathering Wednesday, Sept 24, 7-8 pm: We so enjoyed the prayer times in August, that someone urged us to host a monthly prayer gathering. Everyone is invited. At the LBC office, 1300 Lake Baldwin Lane, Orlando 32814.
• Hospitality Event Friday, Sept 26, 6:30 pm. Members have been invited by their elders. If you are not yet a member, RSVP to: Mike.Tilley@lakebaldwinchurch.com.
• Not By Bread Alone: Bible class begins Sunday, Oct 5, 9:30 am, at Glenridge Middle School. RSVP to Richard Hostetter: email@example.com. If you would like to come and need child care, contact Amy Heidmann: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Food Truck Event and Fall Festival Oct 19 after church in Blue Jacket Park (just outside of our worship area). Fun and food for all ages!