God’s timing is always perfect. As you know, Joel and Katie Pollard (pictured above) will be joining our team at Lake Baldwin Church. Joel will begin leading worship on November 16, just in time for Thanksgiving and Christmas. Katie will be joining our administrative team in a job-sharing arrangement with Terri Poulos, who just adopted a newborn. In God’s timing, he has blessed us with Tim and Angela Inman to lead our worship team. In another example of providential timing, God has provided Lisa Rigsby as office back-up during Terri’s maternity leave, and until Katie arrives.
See below for more news about Joel and Katie, as well as info about the membership class (Oct 17-18) the Food Truck Event (Oct 19), and the Young Adults Party (Nov 1).
Worship This Sunday at 10:45
• Exodus 4:18-26 is a fascinating and mysterious episode in the Moses story. What do you make of the scene on the road back to Egypt?
• Glynn Vincent (another example of God’s timing!) will lead us in worship this week, along with our musicians and vocalists.
• We’ll introduce all the leaders of our small groups, as we roll out the red carpet for this year’s groups!
• Don’t forget the 9:30 class, “Not By Bread Alone,” taught by Richard Hostetter. Details here.
Membership Class Oct 17-18
• Friday evening and Saturday morning...kicks off with a BBQ at 6 on Friday.
• At the LBC office, 1300 Lake Baldwin Lane, Orlando 32814.
• An informal living room setting, great for conversation and good food.
• Explore the vision, values, mission, beliefs, and community life of LBC.
• Sign up: Mike.Tilley@lakebaldwinchurch.com.
Food Truck Event Oct 19 After Church
• Fun and food for all ages!
• Plan now to hang out after church in the park.
• Bring picnic chairs and blankets.
• Offer to help: Fritz.Schalmo@lakebaldwinchurch.com.
Young Adults (20s and 30s) Party Nov 1
• Hosted at the home of David and Winnie Runnels in College Park: 1243 Norwood Place, Orlando, FL 32804.
• An adults only event, at 7:30 pm.
• Contact Drew Hallberg for more info: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Joel and Katie Pollard Joining Our Team in November
• Joel begins work on Nov 10, and will lead worship Nov 16.
• Katie begins admin training on Nov 10, helping with administration and web content.
• Chris Kendall will be providing housing for them Nov/Dec. They will be looking for long-term housing to begin in Jan.
• Pray for the Pollard family as they prepare for the big move!